Ingredients (makes 10 5-inch burgers):
- 1 Cup prepared black beans, pureed
- 1 Cup prepared black beans, whole
- 1 Cup cooked red quinoa
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In your food processor grate the carrots and zucchini. In a saute pan on medium-high heat add your oil, grated zucchini, carrots, garlic, soy sauce, and saute for 5 minutes. Toss in 1 Cup whole black beans and quinoa, saute for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In your food processor puree the remaining 1 Cup black beans. Add in your sauteed veggie mix, oregano, salt & pepper, and pulse to combine. If your mixture is dry add 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil at a time until it is moist enough to press together. Taste a bite and adjust any seasonings as necessary.
- Use 1/3 Cup of your burger mix to form patties 1/4- 1/2 inch thick. Heat your cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Saute your burgers for 5-7 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Top with my creamy Avocado Sun-Dried Tomato spread (the flavor combination between the burger and the spread is heavenly!).
Enjoy eating whole!